Fort Dalles Museum Membership
The Fort Dalles Museum is Oregon's oldest history museum and has been in continuous operation since 1905. The museum complex consists of seven buildings, including the Anderson homestead and the two remaining buildings of the original historic Fort Dalles, as well as two buildings housing our antique vehicle collection.
Fort Dalles is owned by Wasco County and funded by through a partnership between Wasco County and the City of The Dalles.
Your membership in Fort Dalles Museum has become increasingly vital as public funding is cut back. The Museum depends on the support of members and friends to fund projects such as:
- Necessary maintenance, including new roofs and building foundations.
- Improvements, including handicapped-accessible restrooms and walkways, computer inventory and digital photo storage, archival storage for collections, improvements for the Antique Vehicle collection.
- New projects, such as Stagecoach Restoration and the Education Outreach (our "Traveling Trunk") to local school students.
Remember: Fort Dalles Museum is a registered non-profit organization. Your Donations and memberships are both fully tax-deductible.
If you prefer, you may simply decline the Gift Certificate offered with higher-level memberships. Every penny you give will be used to pay expenses and fund improvements and is completely tax-deductible.
Your donations go directly to the Museum's General Trust Fund, or you may designate one of three particular funds:
- Historic Vehicle Restoration
- Anderson Homestead
- Education Outreach (the "Traveling Trunk")
Every dollar you donate helps us keep our legacy of history alive.
Please consider supporting Fort Dalles with your membership or donations. Come visit us soon at Fort Dalles Museum, where history comes alive!
|Inspector General ($501 +)
Visit us at Oregon's oldest history museum
Fort Dalles Museum and the Anderson Homestead
500 W. 15th Street and Garrison
The Dalles, Oregon 97058