Do you love history? Want to learn more?
Fort Dalles Museum is recruiting volunteers who enjoy history and would like to help with Oregon’s oldest history museum. Spring hours are Friday-Sun., 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.. Summer schedule is seven days a week beginning Memorial Day weekend.
Volunteer for one hour or several times a week, as you like.
Bring your skills and a task will be found for you that fits your talents and available time. We need volunteers for the following positions:
- Docents - welcome visitors, housekeeping of museum
- Groundskeeping - yard and equipment maintenance
- Office work - entering data, typing
- Event planning - wedding coordinator, special events coordinator, organizing outreach educational programs
- Grant writing - work with Fort Dalles Foundation (a 501(c)3 non-profit organization) to identify and apply for applicable grant opportunities
- Archiving - scanning photos and documents, entering data into archive inventory, research
For information, call (541) 296-4547, email email@example.com or visit www.fortdallesmuseum.org or stop by the museum during open hours 500 W. 15 th St.